Sunday, September 19, 2010

Going Back In Time - Part 2

Nearly six months later I am getting around to discussing the end of the regular season. haha Why bother? Because I fear these thoughts won't leave my head until I type 'em out. But, what is left to remember?

The last week or two was... nice. We all said farewell to Mike Modano with a tear in our eye and later found out he will be playing with the Red Wings. I guess if you wanna keep playing it shouldn't matter that you've been with the same club for basically 20 years and now there's something irregular at the bottom of the list. No matter, it was really sweet to see the love raining down on him.

There was also another "IS THIS THE END?!" moment for Teemu Selanne. It is not the end. He also scored his 600th goal on March 21st, beginning of the 2nd period against the Avalanche. The whole team jumped off the bench to congratulate him & apparently they had to ok that in advance so they wouldn't get in trouble. He ended with 606 goals!

One weekend afternoon I "watched" the Thrashers at nhl.com's little, um, player tracker thing. The name escapes me, but it highlighted who was on the ice (plus on-ice time!), when a shot was taken & what kind it was, who scored, who got penalized, etc. It was surprisingly entertaining!

Speaking of Thrashers, they ended their season with a 1-0 shutout against the Penguins. If they hadn't lost the rest of their April games they might have made it into the playoffs. But, what are ya gonna do?

There was also that game in April when the Oilers were playing the Avalanche and Peter Budaj made a pretty impressive acrobatic save. He was up, he was down, he did the splits & jumped all over the place. Ever since then I occasionally find myself saying, "Peeeeterrrr Budaajjj." I love those Avs commentators.

Nothing memorable sticks out in my mind when it comes to the Blackhawks, but eventually I'll get around to gushing about their playoff games :D

No comments:

Post a Comment