Friday, September 24, 2010

Oilers! etc.

It is so good to see the Oilers winning games (2 for 2!), I don't even care that it's only preseason! Paajarvi had a hattrick and one assist & Hall had one goal. Pretty darn impressive and I would love to see both of them make the team. Dubnyk only allowed one goal and so did Deslauriers. I really wish both of them could stay when Khabibulin comes back because they grew on my fast last season.

I don't care that the Blackhawks lost their first game either. I was just so happy to see them again, even though it seems like half the team is gone! Turco's aggressive puck handling made me extremely nervous and I really hope that won't get them into trouble. However, I was extremely happy to see Toews score in Winnipeg and throw one of his sticks into the crowd after the game was over. None of the new guys really stood out to me, but I will pay close attention tonight when they play the Red Wings and take note of the good and bad attributes of each.

Monday the Maple Leafs played the Senators and somewhere in the third period a beach ball made its way onto the ice. It was quite comical the way the commentators shouted "AND THERE'S A BEACH BALL ON THE ICE! BEACH BALL OFF THE ICE!" (not a direct quote, mind you!) because they had been loud about a delayed penalty already. It was a fine hockey moment. The Sens goalie knocked it over the glass... it's unfortunate I cannot find a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment