Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Game Notes

[*]Islanders' DiPietro fought Penguins' Johnson. Nothing more than a scrap where D went down with one punch.

[*]Wilds' Backstrom must be one lucky guy. It appeared he tried to poke-check Kings' Johnson, missed, but kicked his foot up at the right time to prevent the puck from entering the net.

[*](this is from December) Blackhawks' Dowell fights Stars' Ott and I just love what a gentleman Dowell is during a fight.

-January 5th, the Wolves beat the Marlies 9-3. Two days later the Leafs beat the Thrashers 9-3. Hmmm...

-November 27th, Wolves score 8 goals and LOSE to the Griffins who scored 10.

-Russia won the gold medal in the WJC last month. Canada - silver. United States of America - bronze.

-The All-Star game was divided into Team Lidstrom and Team Staal. I was for Lidstrom from the get-go and hey, they won 11-10 in regulation! It was very fun to watch. Unlike everybody else, I was perfectly fine with no physical contact in the game. The skills competition was great fun too and I have yet to watch the Red Carpet segment.

-AHL ASG was East versus West. East won 11-8. I liked the West's jerseys! They were a beige/tan color and I am thinking I might buy one. Postma and Machacek played! Yet to watch the skills competition.

Eddie: Speaking of Tootoo... That's the score.
Pat: Thata boy
Eddie: That is symmetry, huh?
Pat: It's symatretric poetry. I think I just made up a word.
Eddie: Better get Webster's on the line.

There's now a Pardy in the penalty box.
      -Mike Haynes; COL/CGY (12/31)

No comments:

Post a Comment