Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Team Notes

This has not been my season for updates, which is a shame because so much is happening and I am not recording it. Ah well. Not that it really matters. Here are some dashes:

-Wolves. Not looking good. This is about the time they go from last place up to playoff spot, but I am getting worried that that won't happen.
I've been to lots of games this season! Mostly Admirals and Stars.
Saw my first Bulldogs game. We got to the arena "late" and as we were standing in line in the freezing weather waiting to buy tickets, this couple came up to us and offered upper level tickets for $10. They were pretty cool seats, being at an angle, and I could see pretty well! I think we lost 1-4 though.
I went to one game by myself and it was the first time in a long time that it was CROWDED. I can't remember who was playing, I just remember I decided to go because I had to make a stop in Chinatown and it was only like 20 minutes away from Rosemont. Oh, it was Milwaukee. Always is!!
Also went to a School Day game. I was worried the snow would prevent me from going, but it sure didn't. The kids were well behaved where we were sitting (front row 200!) and I got an activity book :) The opponent was the Stars and damn it all, BK was out with an injury. I have yet to get his autograph on my puck. The 19th is my last chance unless they will be in Milwaukee or Rockford. I have been wanting to go to both places and will for sure go even if it is not to see them play the Stars.
I am guessing the economy is getting better because lately the place has been filling up. I like that people are supporting the team again, but I also liked not having to deal with crowds.

-Blackhawks. They are up and down this season, but oh my goodness, Crawford is doing wonders for the team. Countless times (like, 3) he should have had a shutout but let that one puck squeak in. He is this year's Niemi. 4th line is doing pretty well too. If only they could be a bit more consistant we could all quit worrying about them losing their playoff position. The western conference is sooooo tight that one loss could move a team, like, 4 or 5 spots. It's scary business!

-Thrashers. They were cold, then they got hot, now they are cold again (even with their shutout versus the Capitals last week, they only scored one goal). 8th in the east and barely hanging on. I am having my doubts about them keeping that spot. They got rid of Eager and they are dealing with injuries. Ugh. Not good, my friends. Not good.

-Oilers. I thought they were going to do alright this season. Nuh-uh. Everybody is struggling. I hate when people say "Well, they're rebuilding." I guess it's true, but I hate that excuse. That's all it is - an excuse. The Devils are in the same position (position-wise, ha) and they are not rebuilding. Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment