Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Heart-shattering

Done! They're done! Thrashers are officially out of play-off contention!

Erm, idk.


So, the Devils beat them 3-0 and Martin Brodeur had his 600th win and what, his 598th shutout? As was expected, Kovalchuk got booed even after he said, "I hope they won't boo me." I would have booed him after what I heard from Matt McConnell today. He said Kovy wanted to be on a winning team and do what was best for his family (money-wise). Some of us don't even make $20,000 a year, ok? But we still provide for our families. (Not saying I fall in to that category (yet...)) I think the millions he was making with the Thrashers was enough for him to pop out several more babies and still send them all to a private college in Ferarris.
Gah, I can't believe they missed 8th spot by just a couple of points. It makes me think What if they hadn't lost that one game? What if they didn't give up that soft goal, or had that stupid penalty? All those "what if?"s came flooding to my mind when I saw the final score of tonight's game and heard Matt say they were officially out of the play-offs. I'm sad. So fucking sad.

Still have my Blackhawks and Coyotes. Blackhawks broke all sorts of records tonight! Maybe I'll find the time to talk about their game against the Stars tomorrow. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment