Friday, April 2, 2010

Wishful Thinking is Never Enough

It was so good to see Timmy Stapleton score his first NHL goal. Even better to see it 3 times. haha I watched it on Versus, then again on Sports South because Darren and Matt obviously were not commentating on Vs (& I like to hear them! Plus, Vs. was focused more on the Caps), and I just turned it on as the 2nd period was winding down and they talked to Stapleton during the intermission and showed the replay. He had the biggest smile and it was oh-so sweet.

Too bad they lost the game. They played really well though, only allowing Washington to score twice when everybody knows they have the potential to score way more than that. I thought the Thrashers had a lot of good chances because Varlamov seemed to be showing off his rookie side. That's just my opinion. It looked to me like he wasn't making himself big in the net and didn't stray too far from the blue. Luck just wasn't on their side, s'pose. Bruins have been losing games to keep the Thrashers within two points of them, as if to say, "Come on, we're giving you a chance!" but they just aren't taking. It is so stressful seeing they have 4 games left and are facing the best of the best in the east. I swear, the Thrashers are going to be the death of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment