Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Illinois - State of Winners

Let us nevermind Rockford was whitewashed by Texas...
Tonight two IL teams moved on in the playoffs. Yes, yes, Blackhawks beat the Predators 5-3 tonight in game 6 and will face Vancouver next, but more(?) importantly - WOLVES BEAT THE ADMIRALS IN GAME SEVEN TONIGHT!

AND I WAS

THERE!!


Alrighty, so last night I asked the 'rents if they wanted to go to today's game. Mom said, "Yeah, let's go!" but she says that a lot, so I wasn't sure if she really meant it. I expected a note from her this morning saying something like Hey, get us some tix, but there was nothing. I had gotten up at noon and did homework for four hours straight, so I was a little... somber when Dad called. He asked what I wanted for supper then basically told me what we were having. While I was checking the pantry for some Chinese vegetable mix, he said, "Mom and I are going to the movies tonight. What are you going to do... watch the hockey game?" I didn't mean to, and I hate myself for saying it, but I said, "...Well, since we're not going to a game..." Dad said, "You really want to go to that game? I could cancel with Mom, she'd be glad if I took you to the game."
"No! Don't do that! I don't want to go," I said.
We went on arguing, we let it go, and he said he'd stop by the grocery store to get some vegetable mix. When he got home he dashed to the den and said he was getting tickets for us. I said, "I want you to go to the movies with mom." He said, "She wants to go to the game too." I said, "You called her?" and he said, "She called me!" So anyway, he decided not to order online because we'd be paying a total of $18 extra dollars for handling fees. We raced to Hammond to get Mom, Dad actually got lost in Rosemont, but we eventually found someone that didn't say, "Sorry, I am not from around here," when asked about directions to the Allstate Arena and got there having only missed about 3 or 4 minutes.

Because we were late, I missed Spencer and Peter's introductions (if Spencer even got one), which are my two favorite names to hear. Oh well, the good thing is the score was 0-0 when we got there.
We had upper level A 20s seats, but we were having a hell of a time getting through the people that looked confused as to why we were asking them to get up (come on, it's not that complicated), so we ended up in C. I had C 17 to be exact. Whatever, they were good seats.
Shortly after we arrived, Stapleton took a penalty and for the first time I paid attention to what he was doing right before he came out of the box. There was a lot of pointing Am I coming over or am I gonna play? I dunno why I like seeing these things... Then Anthony Stewart scored the first goal. Doell then scored what happened to be the game winner. Murray from the Admirals scored the only goal for them in the second period on a power play.
Pretty sure this was the period where it looked like the Wolves should have gotten goal #3, but the referee didn't call it. Later the replay clearly showed the puck squeezed under that pad of Dekanich and crossed the line. Not sure if that happened before the whistle, but judging by the boos and "Fuck you!"s, it was a bad call.
Nothing happened in the third period. No goals. No penalties.



At some point, a voice in the crowd asked, "Have you accepted Chelios as your lord and savior?" That would make a nice t-shirt slogan, eh?

Unfortunately I didn't catch/win anything, but not for lack of trying. Mom was whistling like crazy and seemed to be the only one doing so. I told her I would have been whistling if I could, but instead I just waved my arms around shouting, "HEY, UP HERE!!"

I am excited they are playing the Stars. I want to go because A) I still need to get some use out of my jersey before the season ends, and B) I have decided Krahn is my all-time favorite player since I am pretty sure I deemed him "my favorite" when I first saw him play. So even though he is playing for a team I have no interest in following, I still like him an awful lot and want to see him play.

Game 1 – Fri., April 30 – Texas at Chicago, 7:30 p.m.
Game 2 - Sun., May 2 – Texas at Chicago, 3:00 p.m.
Game 3 - Tue., May 4 – Chicago at Texas, 7:30 p.m.
Game 4 – Wed., May 5 - Chicago at Texas, 7:30 p.m.
Game 5 - Fri., May 7 - Chicago at Texas, 7:30 p.m. - X
Game 6 - Sun., May 9 - Texas at Chicago, 3:00 p.m. - X
Game 7 - Tues., May 11 – Texas at Chicago, 7:00 p.m. -X

No comments:

Post a Comment