Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Retirement

I am genuinely sad that Ian Laperriere is being told to retire due to the seriousness of his injury in the spring. It sounds like he's had a good enough run, but still. He's being told to retire! I would hate to be told I had to find another way to make a living, giving up the job I love. It sounds like he understands it would be best for him to leave hockey, but you know it's not going to be easy to fully accept it.

You know who's not retiring? Cheechoo. He returned to the Sharks where they sent him to Worcester. Or something like that.

Speaking of the Sharks, Lilja didn't make the team. Ok, whatever, but his visa expires in 3 days! If he doesn't find a job in 3 days he'll be sent back to Sweden! I heard Scott Laughlin talking about this on PowerPlay yesterday & that made me sad too! He tugged at the heartstrings by metioning the fact his kids are enrolled in school here. Poor babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment