Friday, October 29, 2010

Shafted!

Last night was the Wolves/Stars game. I had been looking forward to it all summer since finding out at their last game in May that you can talk to the players after the game. I'll get to that later.
For starters, we had SEATS ON THE GLASS. SEATS. on the GLASS. Best seats everrrrr. I just bought a camera, one that doesn't suck, so I got a couple "good" pictures. Definitely need to practice with it before I take it along to another game.
Krahn didn't play and I was so disappointed! I thought for sure he would. With the Stars at our end twice and having seats ON THE GLASS, I could have gotten some tight pictures.

The game was a let-down too. They scored, then we scored, then they scored and it repeated this way until we lost 4-3. Far beit from me to speculate what the problem is, but it seems like the team isn't getting the rebounds they should, sometimes they hold on to the puck too long, and... I don't know... they need to try a little harder? What do I know.
Anyway, after the game we waited for the players to come out because I wanted BK to sign my puck. I bought paint markers and a case for the occassion because I was serious about this! We waited there for an hour before getting kicked outside where it was like, 30s/40s. He never came out. I was like, Seriously? I waited 5 months for this?
But so is my luck...









Wednesday was the Wolves/Barons game which I decided to go to because I had nothing else to do. I could have gone to work, but uh, no thanks. OKC is a new team and affliated with the Oilers, so I wanted to see them. We sat in the 200 level right behind the net. Since there was nobody there the usher said we could sit anywhere; could even move down to the lower level if we so pleased. We wanted to see what it was like up there because we've never done that before, so we stayed put! Awesome seats, but not great for picture taking.
Guess who was there! Pavs!! Our little group of 100 fans gave him the biggest ovation. Unfortunately we did not do much cheering after he let in 3 goals and we only scored once. The Barons won 4-1 with an empty netter.
Sadly that was his only game (conditioning) and he is back in the NHL now. It would be nice to see him play again, but let's hope he does not have to be sent back for obvious reasons!

If I had known I wasn't going to see Krahn I would have had Pavelec sign my puck. He is not my favorite, but I still like him, especially since he did so well for us in 2008 :D



No comments:

Post a Comment