Friday, February 12, 2010

Edermton? Plus a PHX/NSH Match-up From the Start of the Month

Edmonton Oilers have THREE wins this year! I listened to the game against the LA Kings last night on my way home from work, but it was 0-0 early in the second when I got home. Reading up on the game, Grebeshkov scored the first goal of the game at 13:38. Penner scored the second goal in the 3rd period and it was a PPG. Shortly after, Brown scored to make it 2-1. Then Smyth tied it 2-2. Eek! Had I been able to watch/listen to the game, I would have been a wreck.
I also read:
In the dying minutes of regulation, the Oilers net was dislodged and the whistle blew but Drew Doughty took the shot anyway. The puck flew into the net and Deslauriers took exception, pouncing on the young defenceman. The surprising brawl resulted in unsportsmanlike conduct and roughing minors and two minutes of four-on-four.
haha Way to go, D! Anyway, the game went to a 10 round shootout and Visnovsky had the winning goal. It's a shame shootout goals don't count like regulation goals.
Final score 3-2

I've been meaning to talk about this Feb. 2nd game, but I've been bogged down with illness and homework. Coyotes and Predators played equally well, which would explain why it was 0-0 after overtime. (And silly me thought shutouts would be handed out AFTER a shootout!) Each team had good shot opportunities, but honestly I don't know exactly how good they were since I was doing a Mng. Finance test. Fun! There were few penalties¹ and stopages of play, so that contributed to the fast periods.
So, there was a shootout². Every time someone was going against Bryz, I was saying, "Don't make it, don't make it, don't make it!" and every time someone was going against Rinne I was saying, "MAKE IT MAKE IT MAKE IT!!" Aucoin had the game winner in the 11th round. Talk about anxiety!
Final score 1-0

¹As a matter of fact, there was one tripping penalty against Rinne of all people in the first period, and then there was a delay of game penalty in the third against Michalek.
²Boxscore

No comments:

Post a Comment