Wednesday, February 10, 2010

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Find out what it means to me: Trevor Daley slammed the glass and made it fall on a little boy. He gave the boy his stick in apology. Even though the boy probably wasn't there for Dallas, he should like Dallas a little bit just for that awesome gesture. And now I think I Daley. Which reminds me: Dallas was on my "To watch" list this season, but that fell through. I could never find their games.

Tonight's game was great! Another goal-matching game. Dallas scored, then Chicago scored. Dallas scored. Chicago scored. Chicago scored again! Then Dallas scored. Dallas actually scored one final time, but it was right as the horn sounded, so it brought them to overtime. Not following? Ok-
Ribeiro scored first. A PPG, as a matter of fact. Kane answered 5 minutes later. Neal then scored -5 minutes later. 1+ minute later, Kane scored again.
There were no goals in the second period. Dallas was 4-2-5 when tied after the 2nd, and Chicago was 7-1-3. The odds were against Dallas, but they beat Chicago at their last two meetings, so it was anyone's game.
Third period saw Brouwer score, giving Chicago their first lead. Ten minutes later Eriksson tied it up.
In overtime, Keith got a penalty with 2+ minutes left. That was scary. It was pretty impossible for Chicago to get the puck out of their zone. I thought for sure... I won't say it. The scariest thing was when Sopel broke his stick. Being a resourceful man, he made a dive at the puck and slapped that shit out around the boards. Impressive, to say the least, but that's just my opinion.
In the end, there were 5 rounds in the shootout. Dallas' record was 8-12 and Chicago's was 6-10 (if I counted correctly). The only person to score was Versteeg.
Final score 4-3


The notes from tonights game were pretty interesting: NOTES: Ribeiro was accidentally struck in the throat by the stick of New York's Christopher Higgins in the Rangers' 5-2 victory on Jan. 6. He spent several days in a New York hospital after undergoing a tracheotomy. [note from Pat: Doctors said if he had left with the team instead of going straight to the hospital he could have died!] He was activated from injured reserve Monday ... Stars forward Steve Ott was scratched after an emergency appendectomy Monday. ... On a snowy night in Chicago, the crowd was announced at 21,446 - the Blackhawks 80th consecutive sellout at the United Center.

Oh yeah, Madden was mic'd for the game, but that didn't last long! Took a hit in the first period and broke it. Then I think he left the game with an injury. I honestly don't remember that happening.

One final thing: Kari is going to be a Star! I am so sad. Why is Atlanta doing this to me? I never got to see him play. But this is what I wanted, isn't it? Since I cherish O/J? Hmph :( Well, I hope he does well and stays healthy. Now Dallas has Lehtinen and Lehtonen. Let the confusion begin!

No wait, THIS is the final thing: Huet changed his mask. Just the other day I was saying how much I loved his helmet with the feathers and the dream catcher. It was my favorite. I don't care much for the new mask :((

No comments:

Post a Comment