Sunday, June 20, 2010

Going Back In Time - Part 1

Here were the predictions I made before each playoff round.
Bold is who I chose.
Slate is who won.

Round 1























WestEast
SJ vs COL WSH vs MTL
CHI vs NSHNJ vs PHI
VAN vs LAK BUF vs BOS
PHX vs DET PIT vs OTT



SJ 4-2
CHI 4-2
VAN 4-2
DET 4-3
MTL 4-3
PHI 4-1
BOS 4-2
PIT 4-2

I was being really optimistic about the Coyotes, and I thought the Kings would be the spoiler in the west. I figured the Caps, Pens, and Devils would win FOR SURE. Wow, silly me.

Round 2















WestEast
SJ vs DET  MTL vs PIT
CHI vs VAN  PHI vs BOS



SJ 4-1
CHI 4-2
MTL 4-3
PHI 4-3

I wanted the Sharks to win, but I just thought the Red Wings had a better chance of not choking. Yeah, sorry. I wanted the Canadiens and the Bruins to win, but I figured the Pens were going to defend their Stanley Cup. I think the only reason I chose the Flyers to win was because I thought they would get more physical and take the Habs down. I also thought they sacrificed their bodies (i.e. blocked shots) more than Habs players. When the Sharks and the Habs won, oh. my. god.

Round 3











WestEast
CHI vs SJ  MTL vs PHI



CHI 4-0
PHI 4-1

I thought the Habs had this one. Upset of the east, right? Nope, they blew it. I was SO mad. In a way they were the upset of the east! Know what made me feel a little better? The Blackhawks swept the Sharks. Unbelievable. The Sharks had played so well up 'til this round, what the hell happened?


I didn't predict who would win the Final because I didn't want to jinx it. Of course I wanted the Blackhawks to win. OF COURSE! They won the series 4-2!! IN OVERTIME!! The craziest overtime ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment