Saturday, June 12, 2010

Is That... Disappointment I Am Feeling?

The Stars lost to the Bears 1-2 in overtime tonight. I actually got to watch it instead of listen to it in the car. Ugh, I hate sitting out there.
I was actually hoping for DOT so I had a "good" excuse as to why I wasn't finishing my homework, but Giroux managed to score with... 6 some minutes left? Yeah, I smacked my forehead and groaned when that happened. This could be ok though. The road teams have won every game this series. The last two games are in Hershey, so... yeah, you get it? Riiiight.


NOT disappointing was today's parade in Chicago. I still can't believe the Blackhawks are the Stanley Cup champions :O
I had gotten up at 7 to be awake enough to call WGN before 8 to try and win Cubs tickets. My dumb fingers were too slow when dialing that I got a busy signal right away. The girl that got through didn't even know that she had to be listening yesterday for the answer to the question that was asked! I was peeved... but I found out Fox had been covering the pre-parade happenings all morning, so for three hours I watched the news. Ha, never thought I'd say that!
The parade got a little wild when people rushed the last bus, but things still ran "smoothly" and everybody made it to the stage ok. I was happy to see Skille and Crawford when they were introduced, and I thought it was nice/strange that they introduced Rockford players that have yet to play for Chicago.
I liked the speeches, especially when Kane poked fun at himself about keeping his shirt on and telling the cabbies he loves 'em. I didn't so much like Versteeg's rap... I didn't really understand what the lyrics had to do with... anything. haha Good times though. Good times.


On a more personal note, I think Chicago sports might hold me back from moving farther north as were my plans for the longest time :/ It actually makes me want to move into the city, which is an outrageous idea! Mostly I'd just like to have the ability of walking places and having more things to do. Other than that, unless I could find a well-paying job and an apartment that accepts large dogs, it is out of the question!

No comments:

Post a Comment