Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Battle of the Wolves and the Monsters

I love the emails I get from the Wolves that are titled like: Wolves Tame Monsters. Bulldogs Nip Wolves. Wolves Sink Admirals. How darling!
The Chicago/Lake Erie game was actually shown on the NHL network. Even though Wolves games air on channel 50, I have never caught a game on television until today. Haven't even caught a radio game because the station is practically non-existent and I'm afraid streaming it online would crash this lousy internet.
It would figure that Brett Sterling was a scratch in today's game. A healthy scratch or an injury, I do not know the reason. He was present though! One of the guys sat in the "hall" to fix his skate or something and I guess Brett popped into view. I wasn't looking, but I heard one of the announcers say he was there.
I liked the commentators. They mentioned that story about one of the guys getting his luggage late during game night and he found two right skates in his bag. One of the commentators said, "He could turn one way really well," and the other sang, "You spin me right round, baby, right round." Gotta love that.
The game itself was interesting. During the second the Wolves were 4-1; pretty much dominating. The Monsters found their feet and made it 4-3 at the end of the second period. They then tied it 4-4 and took the game to a shootout. Thank goodness those AHL shootouts are 5 rounds, because if they were 3, we would have lost! It went in to an 8th round and Anderson made the winning shot. THRILLING!
And don't forget:



Since I'm here, might as well express my dissatisfaction with today's Hawks/Wings game. Kane scored a goal only to have it not count because Byfuglien "interfered" with the goalie, Howard. No no, I don't think so. He wasn't in the blue and I don't even remember him touching the goalie. Because of that bad call, the Blackhawks lost 4-5. Ok, they still could have lost, but I like to think not. At least it was a home game, so there was no booing Hossa. I think our last game against them is a home game too. Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment