Sunday, March 14, 2010

More Like... Daylight Losings!

Bleh. The Blackhawks blew it. AGAIN. 3-0 into the third period. 3-4 OT. That... that wasn't supposed to happen! I think Niemi was worn out. He was up and down, side to side for most of the third period thanks to that 5 minute penalty/5 on 3. Maybe Huet should have been put in the game... But what do I know?
I have to admit I was kinda bummed to see Ovechkin leave the game in the first period for a game misconduct. He pushed Campbell into the boards, but he kinda stayed behind the net and looked over him to make sure he was ok. I am assuming, of course. I don't think there was anything malicious about his takedown. When Ovie finally stood up he was still looking down at Campbell with a look of Gee, I hope he's ok on his face. Yeah, that could have been a look of Gee, I hope I don't get thrown out of the game for this look, but I like to think he was genuinly concerned.
One thing I did like was seeing Bolland push the puck under Niemi's glove to stop the game. Niemi had tried to freeze the puck once, but it had gotten away from him, so Bolland, to the left of him, got it and gave it to Niemi. I haven't seen that before. Yes, I am awed by the littlest things.

Now I'm watching the Rochester Americans playing the Grand Rapids Griffins. I am rooting for the Americans because they have Salak who is a goalie I like:)
Here's the video that includes his drop-kick at the ASG!


[EDIT 3/18]
Ovechkin got a 2 game suspension and Campbell has a broken clavical and fractured ribs. Yes, Alex pushed him, but I like to think he didn't mean for him to collide with the boards like that... I don't know, sometimes I am too kind. Now Campbell won't be able to play in the playoffs :(((

No comments:

Post a Comment