Thursday, March 4, 2010

What Is Going On?

So, twice this week the Thrashers have scored at least four times. Wow, right? Um, Tuesday night I heard some of the game on the radio. It seemed pretty early on they made it 4-2 against the Panthers. Long story time:
I didn't hear a lot of the game since I didn't drive a long distance, the first time I tuned in it was intermission, and the game was almost over the second time I tuned in, so I figured I'd catch the game when I got home. You know, the usual 10 o'clock game. Well, I got home at 8:32 to be precise and raced inside to turn on the Blackhawks game because I set up recording to end at 8:30, thinking that would be too much anyway since I expected to get home way way way before then. I watched the sad ending to that than decided to check out Thrashers Live. Whaddaya know, a blank screen. That only happens when the game has carried over past the scheduled time, but in this case the game had been over for quite some time. Confused, I switched over to some other 10pm games, and again - NOTHING! Irritated, I asked Dad why this might be and he said it's because we only had those channels for three months for being good customers or something... But, we've had them for more than 3 months, so WTF DirecTV? But later, around midnight, I don't know what led me there, but I tried the Thrashers game again, this time in the living room instead of the kitchen, and it was on! I went to my room and it was on there as well! Yesterday I told Dad about this and he said those channels don't work in his room either, so he thinks they just haven't shut them down for two of our boxes. That doesn't make sense to me :| So, today as I moved the car out of the driveway, I flipped through the NHL channels in the car and saw - NYI 1 ATL 4. Earlier I had checked to see if they were playing today but nothing came on, so again I ran inside the house and looked up games in the guide and found it on MSG. It was the FIRST airing! It was a marvelous feeling watching the Thrashers play LIVE.
I missed all of the first period but managed to catch an Islanders interviewer talking to Bergfors. (More on that later) I saw MacArthur and Artyukhin for the first time. They both did fantastic! Clarke scored in the first period (3) and Evgeny scored in the third (6). I really liked the Islanders commentators! I thought they were bordering on boring, but as time went on I really liked listening to them. They were SO kind and SO respectful to the Thrashers. One of the guys, I forget who... maybe the guy opposite of Howie? said he really liked Slater. Then they complimented Hainsey on stepping up into a leadership role since the departure of Kovalchuk. And interviewing Niclas kind of caught me off-guard! Usually interviewers stick to talking to their own players. Very nice, New York. You have gained my respect.
The final score was 6-3, by the way. A shaky third period, but a win is a win :) And the three stars were:
1st: NICLAS BERGFORS
2nd: EVGENY ARTYUKHIN
3rd: CLARKE MACARTHUR

Welcome to Blueland, new guys!

After that game I tested my luck with some other games. I caught the last 4 or 5 minutes plus OT & SO of the Bruins/Maple Leafs game. Shocking! After that game, which ended with the Bruins winning 3-2, I found the Coyotes/Avalance game. Caught the game at 1-1. It ended 3-1 when Wolski and Vrbata scored in the third period. Wolski scored with 23 seconds left, and then Vrbata scored an empty netter with ONE SECOND LEFT. What a fun, perplexing night.

I have yet to watch the Blackhawks/Oilers game from yesterday. I know the score already. Oh, my poor Oil babies :( I think they have won 4 of their last 30 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment