Thursday, March 18, 2010

IS THAT COREY?!

Yes. Yes it was. I had seen he was recalled during the NHL on the Fly scrolly updater a couple days ago (or maybe it was yesterday), but I couldn't figure out why. I taped last night's game and started it a little before the anthem started. Near the end of that I saw Corey and scratched my head. Huh? Who is that? I had to lean closer because I was sitting on the back couch and couldn't see 100%. Then I yelled, "IS THAT COREY?!" haha I had to rewind the tape to the beginning of the game to see what Pat and Eddie had to say about this. Apparently Huet is out with the flu and they wanted to give Crawford a chance to play A) because he's had a good [two game] record against the Ducks and the Blackhawks needed a miracle to avoid losing 3 straight B) because he might be a playoff possibility. They told Niemi having him sit on the bench was not a punishment, they just wanted to give Crawford some ice time...

What a depressing game. It wasn't good. I played Tetris and did homework during a lot of it. Terrible calls. Bad plays. Poor baby Corey should not have played the puck [that one time, you know that time]. He weakly poked the puck away and gave it to a Ducks player for them to score an "empty netter." So sad. And then Seabrook took a headshot and I think Wisniewski got 2 minutes...? Though it has now been stated he has an 8-game suspension. And Sopel was shoved to the ice while waiting for an airborn puck to come down. What happened? BLACKHAWKS GET A PENALTY. Wait... I think that's what happened. I don't remember and I just watched it, like, two hours ago. Oh well, I think this is a game I'd like to forget.

Here's a lovely quote from Coach Carlyle: "We knew they were going to be a grouchy hockey club, coming in here having lost their last two games."
I guess now we're the pissed off beyond belief hockey club, thanks.

Final score 2-4



ps. They are still 2 points behind San Jose. As much as I like them (this much______________________) I was thrilled to see them lose 8-2 against Dallas the other night. I thought it had given Chicago a chance to catch up...

No comments:

Post a Comment