Saturday, March 20, 2010

Yeah, Dubes, Jump For Joy

The OILERS, against Detroit last night, WON in a SHOOTOUT. Cogliano and Whitney scored two goals in regulation. Potulny and Brule had the shootout goals. Oh, I was so proud. I was beaming. And there were only three penalties :) At some point during the second or third period Brule laid a nice smack down on Filppula. I watched it several times because for some reason I found it to be rather entertaining. A great legal check :))
It looked like the game was going to end 2-1 in favor of the Oilers, but with less than a full second left in the 3rd, Rafalski had to be a hero and score a goal. Bewildered and scared for my Oil babies, I prayed to the hockey gods to not let this one slip away. Thank you for listening, HG.
And after the Oilers won, and everybody was congratulating Dubnyk, he did some quick Yay, we won! giddy jumps :)))

Final score 3-2




[EDIT] Somehow I managed to miss that last night was Dubnyk's FIRST NHL WIN! I am even happier now! Yes, I just rewatched it on the NHL network ;P
Honestly I thought he had some wins already.

No comments:

Post a Comment