Friday, December 11, 2009

If You're Gonna Say It, Say It Right

Huh, guess I forgot to mention that I found out Jose's last name is pronounced "theo-door." I much preferred "tee-o-door", but according to the HF message boards, he said in an interview his father is English, therefore it is "theo-door". I hope he doesn't let people get away with calling him "ho-zay"...
Also read Kovalchuck is indeed "koval-chook." I like that better than "-chuck" as well, but I guess playing in America he prefers the American-sounding version. *Bleh*
And the next time I hear "pav-lick" I am going to scream. The only people who have gotten it right were the announcers for their game against the Habs in October. I'm glad that was my first game, otherwise I'd be saying it wrong. I may still be saying it wrong, but I think I'm closer than most. (I just heard it & I did not scream; too tired.) I know players sometimes tell announcers and everybody to pronounce their names "the American way" either because it's easier or "it sounds cooler" (I'm looking at you, Linus Omark! [Yes, I edited this 2/11]), but I think they should be pronounced the right way all the time. Your name is your identity, so why let people say it wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment