Friday, December 18, 2009

They Came From the East

Secretly looked forward to this game all month. I don't know why, honest. Let's get right into it:
Boston scored the first goal, and they have only lost two out of eleven games after scoring first. Needless to say, I was concerned. But Niemi was there, and I have nothing but faith in him. As for the skaters, I was concerned for their safety whenever Chara hit the ice. Man is a giant. Luckily he isn't a physical player, at least he wasn't tonight. I don't know about other nights... It was pretty ballsy of Brouwer to go after him! (... after the SO?) I think once he was "hugging" him he realized he had made a mistake and calmed down. A lot.

When it comes to PKs, Boston is ranked 1st and Chicago is 2nd. There were only 3 PPs I believe, and nobody scored during those times.

This game mimicked yesterday's ATL/DAL game in that they were constantly tied. That's always nerve-wrecking and fun to watch. I didn't think it'd make it to OT, but sure enough it did! Bruins tied 4-4 in the 3rd at 2:43. No scores in over time, so there was a shootout. No Bruins scored. Toews and Kane both scored; Kane the game winner.

Versteeg, Sharp, and Toews all got their 10th goal of the season tonight.

According to Pat, Kessel was in this game. hahaha :)

Final score 5-4


Mark your calendars: Eddie Olczyk Heritage Night -- April 11th


I've thought about it, and part of the reason I was looking forward to this game was because I like Chara and wanted to see Lucic play. Unfortunately the latter has been injured practically all season >:|

No comments:

Post a Comment