Sunday, December 13, 2009

Wolves!

The Wolves are 6th in the Western Division, right above the San Antonio Rampage. 13-13-0. I just found out they broadcast games on 1650AM. I will definitely catch their Sunday game! I was also looking at jerseys, which I periodically do (kinda like that fictional woman who walks past a store window and sighs every time she sees the pair of shoes she will never have) and noticed if I ordered a jersey this week, it would not arrive until January. I think Dad and Mom were thinking about going to a game this month, but they haven't talked to me about it much. They said they have free hotdogs on Saturday, but I work every Saturday
:( Without thinking I switched my Friday for somebody's Saturday because they needed Saturday off. Oh well. My point being: I would have liked to had a jersey for the next game we went to. Maybe I'll just buy that cute knit hat with the ear flaps :D
I've been dying to have a Sterling jersey for the last couple of years though...

What do you do to prepare for a game?

Answer: “My game day routine is pretty basic. I just have a good breakfast when I wake up. Then I make sure to get a good skate in during the morning skate. I like to get a good sweat so I know how I am feeling, and the worse I am feeling, the harder I work in a pregame skate. Then I try to have a filling lunch, either pasta or chicken. After lunch, I try to take a pregame nap, if my dog allows it, and then I go out to the rink and play.”

Does it feel different skating with the pink sticks that you use for Breast Cancer Awareness? How does it feel to support the cause?

Answer: “Is it different to hold a pink stick? Absolutely, but it is for a great cause. Anything that we can do to help out charities and help a great cause like this is something we all look forward to doing. Any money that we can raise and anything that we can do, we are all for it. We play a game for a living, so it is nice to have the opportunity to help people that need some support.”


Do you get along with the other mascots?

Answer: “I have a lot of fun with the other mascots. Each season, I invite local mascots to play a broomball game on the ice during an intermission of a Wolves game. Throughout the summer, I also get to catch up with some of the other Chicago mascots at their home stadiums, like Southpaw from the Chicago White Sox, Ozzie from the Kane County Cougars and Sky Guy from the Chicago Sky.”

How often do you have to clean your teeth? How many jerseys do you have?

Answer: “With as much as I eat I usually brush my teeth 2-3 times per day with my oversized tooth brush. Since my teeth are pretty large, it takes longer than you would think to clean them! I have three jerseys – white, alternate white, and burgundy. For games I match whatever the team wears, but away from the arena I wear whatever suits my mood (or whichever one is clean!).”

Why did you want to become a goalie instead of a skater?

Answer: “I started to play hockey when I was about four years old and I wasn’t a very good skater, so they gave me some goalie pads, and from then on I was a goalie. There is a lot of pressure on you as a goalie, and I like the pressure.”

Although you have been in North America for a few years now, is there still something that you really want to do such as visit a landmark or see a certain show?

Answer: “I’d really like to go to Disneyland one day, I’ve heard a lot of great things about it. A few people I knew back when I was playing juniors went there and couldn’t speak more highly about it. I’d also like to visit Las Vegas one day. Nobody has many stories about it though, because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!”



And because I, too, wonder: If more than one of you are in the penalty box together, what do you talk about?

Answer: “Usually, we just complain about the penalty call, because no matter what happened we always claim it wasn’t our fault or the penalty never happened. -Joey Crabb



I see Brent Krahn is now with the Texas Stars. That makes me sad :( It still boggles my mind that it was Pavs in the net last season and not Krahn. I could have sworn it was him! No matter what, I miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment