Monday, December 28, 2009

Predators Have Become the Prey

Before the game started
-Kane had 7 more points than the person on the team with the 2nd highest
-Kane also had 4 goals in 4 games, 3 of them game-winners
-Niemi has faced 143 shots and only allowed 5 goals
-Niemi has won his last 5 starts!
-Blackhawks had a 6 point cushion with the Predators
-Blackhawks had won 151 faceoffs and the Predators had won 143
-Blackhawks had 33 points at home which is more than any other team!
-And finally, B'hawks have a 7-0-2 back-to-back games record


Some pretty sweet stats :) The first goal was scored in under two minutes from the start, and that was by Goc. About five minutes later Kane tied it up. The Preds scored in the second and then the third will be a period to remember for ever. Hamhuis scored to make it 3-1, then the Blackhawks woke up and Madden scored twice. Then Campbell scored on a power play to make it 4-3. Franson scored to tie 4-4 and at 19:17 Kane scored!!! It was a beautiful goal, too. He shot the puck, it rebounded, and thankfully he didn't move an inch because it went right back to his stick, he lofted it high, and it went in over Ellis' shoulder. Brilliant.

Watching these last couple of games, it has come to my attention that the 'Hawks are outshooting the opponents A LOT. Is this a good or a bad thing? Are they getting tons of opportunities but the goalies are making great saves? Or are they just blindly shooting and hoping for a goal? Other teams seem to be more conservative... like that game against San Jose where the SOG was 45-14 and the Sharks won. How does that happen? I'll have to ponder it later, I have more things to talk about.

There were a couple calls I wasn't pleased with, but obviously I saw them differently than everybody else. For one, Sopel got penalized for tripping, I believe, but in reality it appeared the guy ran into his stick on purpose. I don't know... Then there was the one where a Pred got penalized for taking down Madden, though to me it looked more like Madden took himself down.

It's too bad Niemi hasn't played enough games to be listed on any standings sheets, but I think he made it on to a shutout standing right behind Bryzgalov.

If I didn't love Pat and Eddie so much, I would have liked to have listened to the game on the radio last night. I did listen to the intermissions though, so that was something :) Again, P & E talked about food. I remember Saturday Eddie talked about wanting some banana cream/creme (?) pie and yesterday they talked about ice cream and Pat said he doesn't eat ice cream :\
Saw some great signs for them last night! One said HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM DA HAPPY HUMANS! hahaha and another said I ♥ FOLEY! (Apparently it was someone he knew) Pat also said "brainbucket" when talking about a player getting his helmet knocked off. I like that ;p

Final score 5-4

No comments:

Post a Comment