Thursday, December 3, 2009

Super Long Post

Blackhawks vs. Blue Jackets was Tuesday. Thanks to Vs/Dtv I had the pleasure of listening to the game on the radio. Let me start by saying: I have seen so many CBJ games, I am now a fan by default. I don't know how it happens, but I ALWAYS seem to catch their games! Second, I thought it was, for lack of a better word, sorta funny that CBJ played the St. Louis Blues not too long ago. Both into blue and both have Mason as a goal tender :P Moving on... This was Hossa's first game in the UC as a 'hawks player. I'm sorry I don't know who said this, because I don't know Judd and Troy very well, but one said, "If you don't see him score for 10 games, he might still be the best player on the ice!" Then during the first intermission, the guys were talking to him and Troy said, "Why don't you go get the game winner..." and Hossa said, "Ok, I will." hahahaha He's so awesome. I think I love him.
Burish is scheduled to come back sometime in March and Bolland should be back in about 16 weeks. Hooray!
Ok, so Versteeg scored goal #1, short-handed, and I guess he dragged it NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE! haha *Looking for video* I think that was his second shortie of the season, 6th total for the team, and they are ranked #1 in short-handed goals. No more scoring in the first.
Second period saw Vermette and Pahlsson score; Pahlsson's first of the season, so good for him! Finally Sharp scored with 3ish minutes to go and it was his second PPG of the season, so good for him, too!
In the third, Russell scored 40 seconds into the game. A few minutes later the 'hawks responded and scored, tying it at 3. Keith was given credit, but I think it has since been changed to Toews' goal. Whatever, I'm just glad somebody scored!
Going into the shootout, it was mentioned that Versteeg has had 2 OT wins and as a team, the Blackhawks were 2-4(?) while the Jackets were 2-1. Hossa made the first goal in the shootout as the second shooter. Immediately after, Voracek answered with a goal. Then it just went on and on. There will soon be a movie out called "The Never Ending Shootout." This thing went on for ELEVEN ROUNDS. It was so exciting :DDD Seabrook scored the winning goal and the whole UC went berzerk. What was as equally exciting was Joel Quenneville's 500th win!
John, another radio man, said maybe the Aussie (Chelsea, a woman who sent an email about how she listens to Blackhawks games to WGN) brought us good luck. teehee. Also of note, but little importance, Judd (?) likes Ellen DeGeneres. hahaha Me too, bud.
With their 8th consecutive home-ice win:
Final score 4-3


My computer is being a horrible friend as usual, so here's all the game highlights instead of just Versteeg's goal. By the way, Judd and Troy cracked up when Versteeg missed his chance in the SO. Apparently he had an open net, missed, and grabbed his head in a "Why, God, why?!!" sort of way. It was funny hearing them discuss that with him after the game. I'll have to watch the full shootout when I feel this computer can handle it.

Final thought: I like their new (3rd alt.) jerseys. Maybe I'll get one? Everyday I enter to win a jersey through their text service. I want a Hossa jersey!


I have not seen ANY Minnesota Wild games yet. Their one game against the Blackhawks was not televised. I wanted to watch them because they have Havlat :( But I guess when/if I move to MN I will have plenty of opportunities to watch them! I was glad to hear this morning Ebbett had the game winning goal for the Wild in their game yesterday against the Predators. I miss him dearly and it warmed my heart to see him make such an important goal.


In ATL news, they played the Panthers Monday night. You know what happened? Ballard took out his own goalie!!!!!!!!! He was mad that he couldn't stop a puck from going into the net, so he swung his stick at the post and ended up slashing Vokoun! Apparently not knowing what happened, Ballard then swung his stick again, this time breaking it on the post. Still not knowing he took down Vokoun, he skated away. Ok, how did he not know he hit the goalie? Surely there's a different feel to a goalie's head and a goal post. And Vokoun going down and grabbing his head in the net should have been a big indicator that something was not right. What I "loved" about the whole thing was there seemed to be more Thrashers gathering around Vokoun than his own teammates. Gah, I love the Thrashers so much. They are so caring! Not to mention fun to watch and full of surprises. So so so so so glad I adopted them this season XD


And then there is Alex Ovechkin who I kind of love/hate. Yesterday at work somebody found a newspaper and I took it home because it had an article about Ovie plus the Panther's article. Haven't read either yet, but of course I saw both game highlights. I haven't seen much of the Caps, but I have heard a lot of Ovechkin being a tough component who seems to be reckless at times. His knee on knee collision with Gleason was unecessary; He could have avoided that. It ircked me when the coach said he should not have been suspended; He would have made a different call. Clearly Ovie knew what he was doing, everybody could see that, and I wish the coach would have been truthful. If Alex was not his player, he would have said he did deserve a two-game suspension, I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment