Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another Beatdown

It's been a good week for high scoring games! Glad the Blackhawks are apart of this category. They have really improved their power plays; tally was 4 tonight. If I remember correctly (don't hold your breath), they were struggling with scoring during PP's when the season started. As of late however... Yowza. They made two impressive goals within 36 seconds, and one of those was a PP goal. I believe the second one involved a sweet no-look backhand by Keith.
Finally, after six goals, McElhinney was put into the net where he only allowed one to go in. Huet, oh boy, he only allowed one to go in the whole game. This equals five straight wins for him. I must be totally girly right now and say it was totally adorable the way he ever so carefully poked the puck from behind him to make sure it wouldn't go in if he moved his legs, even though the whistle had blown.
As a team, they had a season high of five goals in one period. I betchya Calgary is NOT looking forward to their next meeting. First that game where the Blackhawks overcame a 5 point deficit to win 6-5 (forced to listen to it on the radio... breath-taking nontheless), and now this! I can't forget to mention Birthday Boy did score a goal. What a nice present, huh?
What's up with Fraser and all these fights? Did Carli call him weak and now he's out to prove himself? I don't get it...
My favorite guys of the night were Pat and Eddie. They used words like "tookus; shellacking; YIPPEE!; ringy-dingy" and I died at the Comcast plug. (A ding for every time Comcast was mentioned) XD And then Eddie commenting on the little boy who "double barrelled" his popcorn was too much.
Final score 7-1
There weren't any good pictures [I wanted to take from nhl.com], so here's one of Jeremy Piven. I don't know anything about him; Is he a Calgary or a Chicago fan?

No comments:

Post a Comment