Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Hockey Gods Were Smiling Down On Us

I should sign up for those game-reminder text alerts... I almost missed the game! Thank God I decided to color my hair tonight (after having it sit in my room for a month) a little after 6:30 AND turn on the television instead of listen to my iPod as per the usual. Missed the first 5 or 6 minutes, therefore missed Sopel's goal, but I had the [dis]pleasure of watching Heatley's goal.
I don't know what can be said about Huet's save against Setoguchi's wrist shot. One of the replays appeared to show the puck crossing the line ever so slightly, but all the other angles made it impossible to tell. It was sort of strange that they blew the whistle after the puck was still in play and sent down to San Jose's end. I would guess some, if not all, of the Sharks players voiced their opinions, causing a referee to finally put a stop to the play and get a review. Or maybe all the players stopped playing in utter confusion, causing the refs to blow the whistle.

I was so happy to see Seabrook and Hjalmarsson get the 1 and 2 spot in the stars selection. I think Hjalmarsson wants to get noticed for the Swedish Olympic hockey team. That would be so great if he made it. Maybe I haven't been paying close attention, but I heard his name more times tonight than I can remember, and usually I don't hear too much being said about him. And what a great OT win by Seabrook. What? 41 seconds in? I was secretly hoping for a shootout, but I am glad it ended early. Gave me more time to stand in the rain waiting for puppy to go potty :| WHICH HE NEVER DID!!
Oh right, Final score 4-3


Can't wait to see them play the Oilers this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment