Sunday, November 15, 2009

Maybe My First Born Will Be Named Kovalchuk, Be It Boy or Girl

AMAZING.
I soooo love watching the Thrashers play. They certainly kicked asses and took names at Friday's home game against the Kings, hoowee! I mean it, too. A five on five fight broke out and I was waiting for the goalies to get involved in the brawl! This was another instance where I was watching the 'Hawks and saw ATL's score scroll across the bottom. When I saw the game was on yesterday, I had to watch it, I just had to.
I missed the first goal because I was frantically gathering my things to make it to a baby shower, but luckily my vcr kicked in right before then so I saw it today ;) Two beautiful goals to start off the second period, which until then had been 0-0. The third one was labeled a "bad goal", so Quick was pulled and Ersberg was in for LA. Though this was televised by FSW, all the talk was on Pavelec, and rightly so. FIRST NHL SHUTOUT!! I am so proud. Even though I knew the outcome, there was a split second in the 3rd, after he got hit in the thigh by a speeding puck, that I was like, "Oh no! Don't leave the game! You have to go for your first shutout!" Then I realized what I had said and didn't talk to myself for the rest of the game. Anyway, I think Lehtonen should be #2 when he comes back. Or if he comes back, geez. Seriously... Pavs is amazing. Losing masks, mind-blowing shutouts, impregnating a room full of women just by walking past the door... Good god. The best part of the game was when there was a minute or less left in the 3rd and the guys were putting Kozlov in front of the net to try and get his first goal of the season. That's a true team if I ever saw one. Brotherly love. Yes. Oh, hey, what's this I hear about nobody wanting Afinogenov?! He was great Friday night and I am glad he was not sent back to Russia, as the announcers made it sound like was a possibility before the season started. He's already had 6 goals this season, so what's the prob?
Enough of my mindless chit-chat, here's a recap.
Final score 7-0

True thrasher fashion


Wait wait wait. One more thing. They have a home game against the Oilers tonight. If I heard correctly, the Thrashers will be staying in a hotel to act like it is an away game since they seem to be doing better in their away games. After last night, I wonder if they kept their reservations!

FINAL thought: Bogo is 19?! Dude looks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment