Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Twins are Together Again

With both Sedins on the ice, I thought the Canucks would be on fire. Fact of the matter is, things started off pretty slow. In the back of my mind I thought the game would remain scoreless, at least until OT. Finally, in the third period, Bickell scored a magical goal, his first goal of the season! I was real happy to see that, not only because I wasn't sure if he would return after Saturday's *headice*, but also because I was afraid if he didn't score soon, he might go the way of Ebbett. (I say that because I don't know what his contract is like... Though Ebbett was doing fairly well, so I don't know who's decision it was for him to leave.) According to the recap on their website, it was his first goal since April 2007. I hope to see many more from Bryan Bickell! Another surprise was Niemi's second shutout. And this! (Better view @ :33) I really like Antti and am glad he gets some ice time. He's like, the number 2 #1, you know what I mean? It was great to hear that he stays late after practice - sometimes getting kicked off the ice, helps out around the place, and asks lots of questions. He truly wants to advance his skills and be a part of this team. When Khabibulin left, I thought maybe Huet would be #1 and Corey Crawford would be #2. That worried me. (Sorry Corey) I think sending Crawford back to the AHL was a wise move and maybe he can return, if not to the Blackhawks, than some other team, next season or the season after.
All in all, it was an ok game. Lots of scuffling. Every scuffle that was had, the camera went straight for Fraser. It made me laugh :D And what was with that premature horn blow? There were 7 seconds left, the horn said a short hello, and everybody stopped. I don't know if they thought the game was actually over, or if they knew they had a few seconds and were really confused. I was really confused... and amused. They continued play, so somebody must have yelled, "KEEP PLAYING!" or something.
Final score 1-0

No comments:

Post a Comment