Friday, January 1, 2010

BRUINS WIN!


The first time a home team has won the Winter Classic :))) I couldn't be happier. The first OT win! The first game was a shootout, the second was a full 60 minutes, and now an overtime. What could happen next year?! I already cannot wait.
I really don't know what to say other than I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Glad the weather was excellent and the fact there was only one real fight. My predictions of the game were sorely inaccurate. I thought Boston would score first. WRONG. I thought Savard would score first for Boston with an assist from Chara. WRONG. (I don't even think they share the same line) I thought Pronger would score first for Philadelphia. WRONG. I thought the final score would be 3-1. WRONG WRONG WRONG! (I actually said 2-1 was also a possible ending, so I should give myself half credit for that one;)
The goal made by the Flyers should not have happened. If Thomas focused more on the puck than on pushing Hartnell out of the way, that puck never would have gone in. At the same time I am ok with it. Yes, because the Bruins still won, but also because it was Syvret's first goal as a NHL player. I love seeing players score their first professional goal. Plus, it would have sucked to not score one goal in this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Final score -


Happy new year.


Recap & photos

No comments:

Post a Comment