Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fancy Anssi Not So Fancy After All

Late night angst posts could be compared to a drunk... post. (See? I already sound stupid) Things will probably be said that will be regretted later (or not even understood), unnecessary swearing may insue, and a headache isn't too far off.

With only one other person working tonight, I got on their ass to get their shit done so we'd be out of there by 10:02; None of that 10:28 crap. I hauled ass and did just about everything and we managed to get out at 10:03. As soon as I got my car door shut I was already speeding home. And for what? TO WATCH THE THRASHERS LOSE LIKE THEY HAVE NEVER LOST BEFORE! (I don't know if that's a true fact or not, but it was godawful nonetheless.) I knew in my heart the Thrashers didn't stand a chance against the Capitals, but at the same time they did win their last game, so I thought some of that good fortune would carry over. That silver lining was very dim and quickly vanished. However, I was surprised to see this wasn't the Ovechkin Show. He didn't score a goal and only had one or two assists... maybe. That was the only surprise. It was no surprise we saw both goalies. It was no surprise Kovalchuk missed his shots and got pissy. It was no surprise Peverley got robbed again and again. (That got old fast)

There's all this talk about the problems with the goaltending, but what the hell are the guys skating around doing to help? Um, missing passes, passing to the boards, and passing to opposing players is not the way to get the job done. Being sent to the penalty box for dopey calls can be avoided. I have to wonder if this team has any chemistry at all, and more importantly I have to wonder what the hell John Anderson is doing and what he's going to do, if he does anything at all, about changing this in to a winning team. He said, "They're gonna have to go or they're not gonna play" when asked about what the players need to do to win the game... or something like that. Well, it seemed like they were trying at first, then they just faded away. The game should have ended after the 6th goal. I swear, if I was on that team I would have skated off before the end of 60 minutes. If I was the goalie I would have said fuck it and left the players to defend their own damn net. A time-out would have been nice, at the very least. 8 goals? Seriously? That's too fucking many!

I guess in the end none of this should be shocking because I hear they were never really a good franchise. Period. As a first time watcher, I had no idea. I am beginning to see that now. I will continue to watch though 'cause I really do love them. They stole my heart the first time I saw them (Oct. 20th, for the records) and, well, it's like reading a book. I'm not the kind of person that can start a book and not finish it, even if it isn't all that interesting. I mean, I have books I started years ago but I do plan on finishing them! So, what I am saying is: I can't stop watching them now. It just isn't possible. I'll probably watch them next season and the season after because they are capable of doing some pretty incredible things and I don't want to miss those things when they happen, but I am getting fed up with not seeing a win from them and I don't really know how much more...heartbreak I can take.



Finally an opportunity to use this picture:





By the way, I had Matt & Darren mixed up this whole time. Pfft.
And I don't even remember who scored the lone goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment