Sunday, January 3, 2010

Have I Told You I Love You Lately?

I had accidently seen the score before watching the game this morning, so the outcome was no surprise. What was surprising, however, was the fact Conklin never got pulled. Eddie said he should have been pulled after the first two goals because he was making some sloppy saves. I didn't think he needed to be pulled yet because it doesn't matter how you make the save, just so long as you make the save! After the 4th goal though... 5th at the latest, he should have been gone. What does Conklin staying in say about the Blues backup netminder?

It wasn't enough that Kopecky scored the first goal, he scored two with a chance at a hattrick. Same went for Sharp who had due vengence for that brutal open ice hit that was declared legal. Because of that hit, Barker received a 7 minute penalty + a game misconduct for going after Weaver, the guy who flattened Sharp. Yes, it was a very physical game which caused numerous penalties. I believe Pat said at the beginning of the game the Blackhawks only had 14 fighting penalties. The number went up after tonight, but I think most of the instigators came from the Blues side. There was one point where someone tripped Hossa, he went to get in the guy's face, noticed a penalty was being called, and decided to skate away to avoid a 4 on 4 situation. Good for him! I was so proud!
The worst part of the game was not the fight involving Toews, unfortunately (It was borderline embarrassing), it was at the end of the game when Tkachuk took a puck to the face. He put the puck in the net, but some teeth probably made their way into the net as well. Reports say he underwent oral surgery and they say his injury could have been much worse :\ I hate to use the word "like" in discussing the situation, but I did like how when Tkachuk went down, Huet, who was already down, forgot all about the puck and focused on the man that had practically fallen into his lap. Hendry also forgot about the puck and bent over to see if the Blues player was alright. Then, noticing he was not at all ok, Fraser and Huet (along with some others from both teams) started waving for the medical team. I don't know... I just like when players show concern. I have seen players who see an injured person and just skate away. Boo >:| So, Blackhawks, I love you. Not only for caring for other human beings, but also for playing so well ;D

Final score 6-3


Video highlights

No comments:

Post a Comment