Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Play Like You Don't Have a Goalie

Caught the Coyotes/Oilers game in the middle of period two. I didn't care who won, I was just happy to see both of them together. When I came in it was 3-2 in favor of the 'Yotes. Must have come in right after Hanzal's goal... It was a pretty good game as the teams fought tirelessly for two points. When the score was 4-2, Jovanovski scored a goal that didn't count because he was in the crease. His skates did not appear to be in the blue, but none-the-less that call stood. The announcers were saying maybe it was goalie interference; He prevented Deslauriers from being able to play the puck or something... I don't remember what they said. That wouldn't be the case because there have been good goals with 6 or 7 players crowding the net and blocking the goalie, and in this case there was only Jovo and he wasn't in the crease. It seemed ok because they were ahead, but the Oilers quickly caught up to tie the game at the end of regulation 4-4. Doan scored in the overtime. OT was fantastic. They were on a powerplay thanks to Fernando "Ulcerative colitis almost ended my career in hockey" Pisani. (I can't look at him without thinking about that commercial) They were patient with the puck, passing it back and forth, waiting for the right opportunity. Obviously that really paid off and in the end I guess I was glad to see them win. They have a chance for bigger things. Oilers... do not. I am waiting for the Hurricanes to take 29th place away from them.
Final score 5-4

No comments:

Post a Comment