Friday, January 15, 2010

Thursday Night Shutouts

Chicago won.
Phoenix won.
Atlanta lost.
Edmonton lost.

Shutouts
Toronto shut out Philadelphia. (Toskala's first of season!)
Ottowa shut out New York Rangers. (What? Really?!!)
St. Louis shut out Minnesota.
Los Angeles shut out Anaheim.
Chicago shut out Columbus.

Wow, what a great good night! Chicago is back on top in the Western conference with 47 games and 68 points. Huet made his 24th career shut out. Pretty good, pretty good. Now we have two "early morning" weekend games. I look forward to getting nothing done :|
As for Atlanta, I thought Heberg would be in the net. I thought he and Pavelec had a nice every-other-game rotation going on. I wasn't sure they were at home because every time the Sabres scored the place errupted in cheers. (I think it was EJ that said the same thing) It was, in fact, a home game, but it was filled with a shitton of Buffalo fans.
I only caught the end of both the Edmonton and the Phoenix games. I am so glad to see Phoenix filling their seats. (I think/hope most of them were Coyotes fans!) Winnik scored a goal at the same time he got sticked in the face. It looked like Fraser, from the Devils, might have poked it in, but upon further review, Winnik's stick actually went underneath Fraser's and he is the one that poked it in. (@5:03) The announcers made it sound like Winnik didn't touch it, but I'm pretty sure he did. Saturday is Shane Doan bobblehead night. (I want!) Nothing news-worthy from the Oilers. Finally got to see Fleury for a little bit though!

No comments:

Post a Comment