Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How Do You Trust a Guy with Two Last Names?

It is no surprise the Blackhawks beat the Oilers tonight. Saturday night at the Canucks game, Steve said they should be able to beat the Oilers. I thought he might have jinxed it, but he's off the hook. Tonight Pat said, "The Hakws are second, the Oilers are last. Why even play? ..." :|
Going in to the game the Oilers have been outscored something like 75-38 and were/are last in the league in FOs at 47%. Horcoff & O'Sullivan are tied for second to last place in +/- with -23. Brind'Amour is last at -25. Aww! Do I even need to mention they have yet to win a game this year? They have only won once out of their last 19 games! Oh the agony!
I forgot Hemsky has been out of the lineup for a while because of his shoulder. Looking at the Oilers' injury report, Brule is out with the flu, Comrie's out with mono, Smid is out with a concussion, and Stone & Staios are out indefinitely. They've got all sorts of problems.

Before the game started, they showed a guy wearing a half Blackhawks/half Oilers jersey. Oh my god I had that same idea with the Blackhawks/Thrashers! (BTW I probably won't be attending that game for a number of reasons...) I was overjoyed at seeing that. I also realized I was wearing my Khabibulin shirt. (Not intentionally) I woke up a half hour late & it was laying out so I grabbed it!

Long story short, Toews scored 44 seconds in to the first, Brouwer and Byfuglien scored in the second, and Hossa scored in the third. In the after-game press conference, Coach pronounced Hossa "haw-suh." I think a coach would know the proper way to say everyone's name, therefore most people must be saying it wrong (it's the American way!)... yet I think he says Huet "hue-ay" and I've heard from the man himself it's "oo-et." Ok, I'm getting off track... I can admit I cheered when Pisani and Potulny scored. I didn't want this to be a whitewash game. Even though they didn't win, it's good to score a few. Oh yeah, and Hendry was back in the line up, though I didn't even know he was gone for, what, five games? Sorry, bud. Oh oh yeah! Eddie was back! The dynamic duo are together again ♥ They had so many laughs :)

Final score 4-2

No comments:

Post a Comment