Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Rest of the All-Star Classic

Wouldn't you know it? I woke up at 11:55 this morning! The rerun of the All-Star Classic started at 12. That gave me time to do nothing.
Since I missed the first period last night, today I got to see Salak drop-kick the puck out of the USA zone near the end of the period. It was sweet. (If he hadn't pulled it off, he would have looked like an ass.) "Best punter/assist of the night." Never seen anything like that. It might have been Sterling that scored after that wonderful punt? This was the 2nd assist by a goalie EVER in an AHL All-Star game. Fantastic!
There were NO PENALTIES. I liked that a lot. Everybody looked like they were having a good time, so really it's no surprise this was such a clean game. After the 9th goal was scored by PUSA, everybody was smiling. Yes, even the Canadians. You don't see that often in NHL games. And instead of the players beating themselves up after missing a shootout goal, most smiled with that omg did i srsly just miss? look on their face.
It's too bad I can't find video highlights :( They're probably out there, but sometimes I have poor search skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment