Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hockey Town Shut Down; Afternoon Games Aren't So Bad Afterall

To begin with, I would have liked to have listened to WGN while watching the game on television (muted, of course), but the tv delay was too much. Instead, I had to put up with Pierre, Doc Emrick, and very little commentary from Eddie, or Edzo as Pierre loves to call him. *rollseyes* Doc was ok, I guess, but for some reason I have never liked Pierre all that much.
No Pat makes Eddie a sad boy.

This game versus Detroit was a wild one! Similar to their game against CBJ Saturday afternoon in that the opponents were matching goals. (Not to mention the fight with Versteeg and Eaves in the first period. That looked brutal!) Regulation ended 3-3. Overtime ended 3-3. Datsyuk was the first to go in the shootout and he made a sick shot. I don't mean that in a good way. He was slo-mo'ing it the whole way down the ice and chipped it so that it hit Niemi's shoulder and bounced back in to the net. Ugh. I was hoping they'd send Hossa in to the shootout since he had not scored a goal during regulation/OT & I like to see him disappoint DET fans, and sure enough he was the third shooter. He made his shot! Earlier in the game Pierre couldn't believe they were booing Hossa (like usual...) and Doc said, "Nothing lasts forever." Yes, thank you! Take that to heart, Red Wings fans!! Anyway, after 3 rounds the score was still tied. Sharp was the fourth shooter, and since Cleary went first and missed his goal, Sharp's puck-in-net was the game winner!
Now, I must admit Bertuzzi's spinorama snow shower on Niemi in the shootout was quite impressive, but since he playes for the Wings, I was also disgusted by it.
Final score 4-3


I was worried Saturday's game was going to go in to overtime. I had to work at 4 and the game was supposed to be finished around 3:30. It was 6-5 near the end, but the Blue Jackets seemed to be doing really well, so I thought they had it in them to tie it up 6-6. Luckily that didn't happen and the Blackhawks are off to a good start with their 8 game road trip.
Final score 6-5

No comments:

Post a Comment